Hello friends, tomorrow is Valentine's day, and we can make cookies to impress our loved ones or gift someone. These cookies take only 10-12 mins of baking time. As it is valentine's day, I made them in heart shape but they can be made in any shape you want. As my son likes stars and he has used many more shapes. I already talked about why we celebrate Valentine's day in my last post of chocolate strawberries, let's talk about why roses are so popular for valentine's day.
During a trip to Persia, king Charles II came to know a new art of love - the language of flowers without uttering any word. For Romans, there goddess Venus kept the roses as symbol of love and beauty. So when Valentine's day became the mainstream holiday, the rose was an obvious choice.
Let's dig into our recipe.
- 1 cup of room temperature soft unsalted butter
- 1 cup of regular sugar or brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 + 1/4th cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4th cup unsalted soft butter
- 1/4th cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cups of confectioner sugar (Please use confectioners sugar for better frosting results)
- Food colors
- In a pretty big bowl, mix 1 cup butter, 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp vanilla extract. Either use a hand blender or a whisk to mix them together. Keep mixing them until they all are well combined.
- Add all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda in butter sugar mix we made in first step. Combine them very well and form a dough. If you are not able to form a dough and feel like your dough is too crumbly, add 2-3 tbsp of milk, but add 1 tbsp at a time, so that our dough doesn't get too wet.
- If you have time, please store the dough for 1/2 to 1 hour in refrigerator. If you don't have time, put the dough in freezer for 5-10 mins. We refrigerate our dough because it makes it easier to roll and chilling brings our dough together.
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 F.
- After that, dust the work surface with some dry flour, and dust our dough also with dry flour, and roll the dough with the help of rolling pin. Roll it 1/4th inch thick. Cut the cookies in whatever shape you like with the help of a cookie cutter. Then, ready your baking tray. Spread little butter on baking sheet and put the cookies providing little space in between cookies and bake them in pre-heated oven for 10-12 mins. Keep an eye on them, once you see very light brown color forming on them, they are done.
- Let them get cool on room temperature. Let's prepare our frosting by the time our cookies are getting cold.
- Mix 1/4th cup room temperature butter, 1/4th cup milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract together. Beat them together with the help of a whisk, a liquid mixture will get ready. Add 1.5 cups of confectioners sugar in it and give it a good mix. Frosting is ready.
- We can divide frosting in different parts and add different food colors. I used different colors.
- Pour frosting in piping bags and cut a very tine hole. And frost the cookies in different ways. Be creative. I have shown one way to decorate it.
Post a Comment