Diwali is so near, why not make some delicious fusion dessert. It tastes so delish and people will ask for more. If you want you can make all layers on your your or buy stuff from market and just assemble. Before I start with the recipe, many people ask me one same question, difference between parfait and trifle. So, both are same in a way that they both are formed as assembling different layers of cakes, creams, fruits etc. The only difference is parfait is made in small serving size but trifle is made in a big container.
- Custard powder
- Cardamom powder
- Pistachio powder
- Half and half milk [If you don't have it, mix cream and whole milk in equal quantities]
- Vanilla essence
- Few Orange laddoos
- some Vanilla or butter Cake pieces [any flavor of your choice, but I recommend using plain flavor and not any strong flavor cake]
- Dry Rose Petals
- Few Gulab jamuns
- Whipped Cream
Method for custard:
- Let's make custard first. In a bowl, take 1.5 tbsp of custard powder + 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder + 3 tbsp of pistachio powder + 3 tbsp Sugar + few strands of saffron. Mix them well.
- In a sauce pan take this complete dry mix we made in step 1. Add 2 cups of half and half milk slowly mixing it in dry mix so that no lumps form. Bring it to boil while mixing it continuously. Let it get thick. It will take 4-5 minutes. It should be more thick than the fruit custard we usually make. Let it get completely cool for an hour. Then, whisk it a little.
Method for Rasmalai milk:
- You can get the rasmalai from market and use it's milk or else you can make it in below given way.
- Take 1 cup of half and half milk, add 2 tbsp of sugar and 2 pinches of cardamom powder and few saffron strands. Bring it to a boil and keep boiling it for few minutes stirring it continuously until it gets little thick but still pouring consistency.
- Keep it aside to get cool.
Method to make whipped cream:
- You can use whipped cream from market and mix some rasmalai milk in it. Otherwise use following steps.
- Take a cup of heavy cream, add 3 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of rasmalai milk. Whip it until it forms stiff peaks. Keep it refrigerated.
Method to assemble the parfait:
- Take few serving size glasses or any small container of your choice.
- Put a small piece of cake at the bottom.
- Pour some rasmalai milk which will get soaked by cake.
- Pour some crumbled orange laddoo and crumbled gulab jamun for next layer.
- Add some custard on top for next layer.
- Top it with a little bot of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle some dry crushed rose petals, very little pistachio powder, some crunbled orangle laddoo and either half or one full tiny size of gulab jamun.
Devour it with lots of love and A Very Happy Diwali to all of you in advance.
Post a Comment