Season of mangoes and what is going to be more tasty, interesting and mouth watering than a mango, and when this most delicious fruit is mixed with cake, it gives the cake an all time favorite, deliciously mouth watering taste. This cake is super moist, fluffy, soft, scrumptious, easy to make, moist and egg less. In my opinion mangoes doesn't need a occasion but I still waited for father's day and of course it was our Marriage Anniversary. Both occasions call for a cake.
- 1 very sweet mango
- 1/4th cup sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3rd cup sugar
- few drops of mango/vanilla essence
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4th tsp baking soda
- 1/4th cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 mango chopped in small cubes
- 2 cups of Whipped cream mixed with mango essence/2 tbsp of mango puree for icing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C. Grease the cake pan and keep aside.
- Make the puree of 1 mango. In a sauce pan add mango puree and 1/4th cup of sugar and cook them until thickens a little. It may take around 5 minutes. Let it cool.
- Mix oil, sugar, essence and milk together until sugar dissolves.
- Sieve and Add flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix them with liquid. Please mix gently. Do not over beat the mixture.
- Add 3 tbsp of puree we prepared by cooking, in this cake mix. Save rest of the puree for pouring on top of the cake. You can mix same with whipping cream later.
- Pour batter in greased cake pan. Bake it in preheated oven for 30 - 45 minutes until an inserted wooden pick or knife comes out clean. Everyone's oven is different. For me it took 35 mins. Please do not open oven again and again to check the cake. It won't be done before 30 mins.
- Let it cool completely. Enjoy as is or do the frosting. Cut the cake in two half's horizontally. Add whipped cream on one half and then mango pieces.
- Put second half on top of it and cover the complete cake with icing. OR simply pour the mango puree on top of it.