I know so many people do not like spinach despite of its benefits like its loaded with antioxidants but spinach is my favorite vegetable. The best part is everything is so easy to make with spinach.
- 1/2 Cup chickpea flour/Besan
- Salt as per taste
- Red pepper powder as per taste
- 1/5th tsp carom seeds/Ajwain
- 1/5th tsp turmeric powder
- 1/6th tsp baking soda
- some water
- 12-15 spinach leaves
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 3 tbsp yogurt mixed with 3 tbsp of water
- Tamarind chutney
- Coriander and mint chutney
- Some chaat masala
- Some chopped coriander leaves
- 1 finely chopped tomato (Optional)
- Oil to fry
- Mix chickpea flour, salt, red chili powder, carom seeds, turmeric powder and baking soda. Add water slowly and make a thick batter.
- Heat the oil. Dip spinach leaf one by one in batter, and fry them.
- For chaat, place the fried spinach fritters in a plate, spread some onions, coriander chutney, tamarind chutney, yogurt, chaat masala, tomatoes, coriander leaves and some fine sev.
Note: Be generous while putting spices in batter and also with toppings. I like it when lots of toppings are there.