Diwali is so near and yes who doesn't love to eat sweets during festivals. Just wanted my family to have something which keeps them warm in this winter season. Dates are known to have a healing power because they are protein and vitamin rich, rich in iron, good for bones, fixes hangover, promotes digestion and many more. So its better to make sweet with dates which has so many benefits instead of sugar.
- Clarified butter/Ghee 1.5 tbsp
- Almonds 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Cashews 1/2 cup roughly chopped
- Walnuts/2 cup roughly chopped
- Raisins 1/4th cup (optional)
- Sesame seeds 2 tbsp
- Pumpkin seeds 2 tbsp
- Sunflower seeds 2 tbsp
- Seedless Dates 1.5 cups
- Milk 1/4th Cup
- Unsweetened milk powder 1/2 Cup
- Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
- Grind the seedless dates and keep them aside.
- Heat a pan. Add 1 tbsp of clarified butter. When it's warm, add almonds, cashews, walnuts and raisins and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Then, add sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds. Roast them all together until they turn very light golden. Stir continuously to avoid burning of nuts.
- Add dates and mix them really well while cooking them all together on low flame.
- Turn off the flame when combined well.
- In separate pan, heat .5 tbsp of clarified butter. Add milk and milk powder in it.
- Mix well and keep cooking on low flame until it holds shape.
- Add this in to date and nuts mixture and also cardamom powder.
- On low flame mix them all together very well again.
- Transfer it into a square tray and form an equal size of block.
- Keep it refrigerated for 30-45 mins.
- Take it out from refrigerator and cut them in equal size of pieces. Ready to eat.