One of the sweet which is very easy and quick to make and requires least ingredients and loved by most. Besan is chickpea flour and is roasted in ghee/clarified butter. And then sugar is added and then shaped into round balls. Hence the name besan laddoo. I love the aroma of chickpea flour when getting cooked.
- 1 cup of besan/chickpea flour
- 1/4th cup of ghee or clarified butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (put less if you don't like too sweet, you can taste and add sugar at any time after tasting)
- 1/4th tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp of chopped nuts for decoration (optional)
- In a pan add the ghee and let it melt.
- After ghee melts, add besan in it and keep roasting it on low-medium flame. This process takes little time but have patience.
- It will take good 20-25 mins of roasting, then it will turn into nice golden color. Kitchen will be filled with nice aroma.
- Turn off the flame, add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Keep it aside to let it cool down for sometime. Then, make laddoos out of it by taking small amount of flour and roll in between your palms to give it the shape of laddoo.
- Store them in an air tight container.
Post a Comment