For the love of dark chocolate, indulging into this recipe was falling in love with dark chocolate more and more. This time I did experimented my this cake on a big crowd here in America. And to my surprise not just adults but kids also loved it. It was bittersweet and so was the doubt. But, kids proved me wrong with my doubts. And now thy are asking for it every time they see me :). They are such sweethearts. As we all know the number of benefits of dark chocolate, I tried to make this complete cake super healthy by replacing almost all basic ingredients of a cake so that I can eat and feed my family this cake guilt free. I hope you all give it a try and like. Please comment on my blog if you like it or if you have any queries.
|Dark Chocolate Love|
|With some chocolate syrup|
- 3/4th cup of Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of oats flour [grind oats and them measure 1/2 cup]
- 2 tbsp of cornflour
- 1/4th cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4th tsp salt
- 3 big bananas
- 1 cup of seedless dates [around 30 dates]
- 3/4th cup of milk or orange juice [i tried once with milk and once with orange juice, both tastes good]
- 1/2 cup of oil
- Vanilla essence 1 tsp
- 20 gms of dark chocolate finely chopped[I used 90% dark]
- 1/4th cup of Black raisins
- 6-7 almonds roughly chopped
- some sunflower seeds
- some pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 C or 350 F.
- Sieve wheat flour, oats flour, cornflour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and keep it aside.
- In a grinder, grind bananas and dates together.
- In a big bowl, pour bananas and dates mixture, mix in milk/orange juice, vanilla essence and oil. keep stirring them until combined well.
- To this add the flour mixture and mix well to form a smooth batter.
- Fold half of dark chocolate and raisins in this batter.
- Grease a rectangle loaf pan and pour the batter into it.
- On top spread rest of the dark chocolate, almonds, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes. It depends on your oven. It may be done after 30 minutes or it may take 40 or 45 minutes, depends on the oven. Better to keep an eye after 30 minutes. Just put in a toothpick or skewer and check if it comes out clean, its done. If you can see wet batter on it let it bake for little longer.
- After its baked, take it out of tray and let it cool completely at room temperature. After that store it in refrigerator for few hrs completely covered. his cake tastes better when it is cold.
If you eat eggs, you can add 2 eggs. You can add that at the time of mixing all liquids, before adding flour mix.
You can put parchment paper at the bottom of rectangle pan.
Special thanks to Bharat for inspiring me.