Again something colorful. Looks like I am obsessed with making colorful food these days and why not its the festive season and today is the day of colors. Happy Holi everyone. May this festive season brings lots of colors in your life and keep you safe and happy. No artificial colors used. We keep our family safe from chemical rich Holi colors so why not make food safe by not using those artificial colors.
- Idli batter
- Salt as per taste
- Pepper as per taste
- 1 small beetroot [boiled for 7-8 minutes and make puree]
- Half bunch of spinach and half bunch of coriander leaves [pureed]
- 2 Orange Carrots [pureed]
- 2 pinches of turmeric powder
- Do not use water to puree the vegetables otherwise idli batter will get watery.
- Divide idli batter in 3 equal parts.
- In one part mix beetroot puree, salt and pepper.
- In second part mix carrot puree, turmeric powder, salt and pepper.
- In third part mix spinach and coriander puree.
- Three colored batter is ready. Pour the batter in idli maker and steam idlis for 10 minutes.
- They are ready to eat. Serve them with just coconut chutney or sambhar or both.
- If you want to make four colors of idlis, divide batter into 4 equal parts. Keep one part as is. Just add salt and pepper. They will be normal white idlis but u will get four different colors on plate.
Post a Comment