At one of my good friends place I ate most soft Idlis of my life and she makes yummy Dosa too. So thanks to her for sharing this recipe. Trust me Idlis were soft like velvet. I would love to eat them again and again. So, let's look at the ingredients and recipe.
- Normal rice - 1 glass
- Idli rice - 1 glass
- Split black gram or udad dal - 3/4 glass
- Cooked rice - 3 tbsp
- Soak all raw ingredients for 8-9 hours.
- After that grind them together and make a fine paste adding little water at a time.
- At the end put cooked rice also for grinding.
- Let this batter ferment for overnight. In winter it takes more time. U can have a look at the images for batter consistency and how will it look after fermentation.
- U can add salt as per taste before batter is fermented.
- After batter is fermented we can use it immediately or we can store it in refrigerator for 2-3 days and use it whenever required.
- Special thanks to Veena for the recipe.
- If u r using whole black gram then 1/2 glass is enough.