Spinach is a very beautiful, delicious and healthy vegetable. Spinach is great source of iron calcium, zinc, fiber and a number of vitamins as well as protein. But, its really hard to bring family members to eat it.This is one of the good ways to let spinach travel through everyone's mouth till stomach. Its really simple and quick. It is a very nice breakfast as well as tastes good with tea in evening. Also known as vegetarian omelette and can be eaten with toast in morning. Also, I will leave you with your imaginations of adding any other vegetable to it of taking out some ingredients from this one. Just follow the directions and within few minutes enjoy delicious pancakes (Chilla).
- 2 cups of spinach
- 1/2 cup of green peas
- A very small piece of ginger
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Salt as per taste
- 2 green chillies finely chopped (Adjust chillies as per your taste)
- 1/6th tsp of turmeric powder
- A little chaat masala
- 1.5 cups of chickpea flour (Besan)
- Oil to shallow fry
- In a grinder mix spinach, green peas and ginger and grind really well. Add a very little amount of water if needed. I didn't added any. Depends on grinder to grinder.
- Mix all the ingredients together leaving oil aside.
- Make the pouring consistency batter. If may require a little water.
- Griddle should be hot. sprinkle a little oil and pour the ladle full of batter and spread it to make round shape of pancake.
- Add a little more oil from sides. Let the pancake get cooked from one side, it may take around 2 minutes. Flip it and let it cook from other side for another 2 minutes. Once its completely cooked (It is going to be brown from one side and brown spots on other side) remove it from griddle and serve HOT with ketch up and green coriander chutney.
Post a Comment