Quinoa a very healthy grain and red kidney beans are rich source of fiber and protein. When combined together makes very healthy and rich breakfast.
- 8 burger buns
- 1 Cup Quinoa [Washed and cooked for 20 minutes in 3 cups of water]
- 1 small potato [boiled and mashed]
- salt as per taste
- black pepper powder as per taste
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 Cup red kidney beans washed and boiled
- Oil for shallow frying
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 big tomatoes cut in 1/2 inch thick slices
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices of cheese of your choice
- Tomato ketchup
- In a grinder mix garlic, quinoa, beans, potato, black pepper, green chillies, cumin powder and salt as per taste.
- Make burger size tikkis and refrigerate them for 1/2 hour.
- Shallow fry them on medium to low heat till golden brown.
- Now lets make the burger. Cut burger bun from center and make 2 parts of the bread.
- On one part place all thing in this sequence: first put lettuce leaf, then a slice of tomato, then put tikki, pour some tomato ketch up on it and then add a slice of cheese. Cover it with another half of bun. Serve.