Its a very popular breakfast of Gujarat. Usually, it is served with fried green chillies and a papaya chutney and of-course it goes well with Jalebi. Just think about it, poha, jalebi and fafda [ah-ha, ah-ha, ah-ha]. Mouth watering breakfast.
- 1 cup gram flour [Besan]
- Salt as per taste
- 2-3 pinches of baking soda
- 1/4 tsp freshly crushed black pepper
- 2 tbsp oil
- less than 1/4th cup of water
- a pinch of turmeric
- oil to deep fry
- Mix besan, salt, black pepper, soda, turmeric and 2 tbsp of oil. Add little water at a time and make the soft dough [not too soft].
- Grease you palms and a surface with oil. Use wooden board if possible to make fafda.
- Take a portion of dough and with base of your palm, drag the dough in a straight line. This will form a strip.
- Fry these strips in hot oil over medium heat till crisp. They should not turn golden.
- Serve them with fried green chillies.