Have a touch of Indian salad and very famous falafel. Tastes good if you choose the right burger bun.
- 4 burger buns
- 1 Cup chickpeas [soaked overnight and boiled till soften]
- 1 small potato [boiled and mashed]
- salt as per taste
- black pepper powder as per taste
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4th cup sesame seed
- 2 tbsp oil and for shallow frying
- some water
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 big tomato sliced
- 1 big onion sliced
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup spinach [remove all stems and chop finely]
- First let us make the Tahini Sauce. Fry sesame seeds a little on a griddle till they become lite brown in color, no oil required.
- In a grinder mix sesame seeds, garlic, salt as per taste, 1 green chilly and oil. Keep on adding water, a tbsp at a time, till u get thick sauce. Keep it aside.
- In a bowl, mix yogurt, spinach, black pepper, salt and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
- Mesh chickpeas. Mix chickpeas, potato, bread crumbs, salt green chillies, black pepper powder and cumin seeds.
- Make burger size tikkis and shallow fry them on medium to low heat till golden brown.
- Now lets make the burger. Cut burger bun from center and make 2 parts of the bread.
- On one part place all thing in this sequence: first put lettuce leaf, add some yogurt mix on it, put tikki, add 1-2 tbsp of tahini sauce, then put some slices of tomato, cucumber and onion on top of it, sprinkle a little salt on it, cover it with another half of bun. Serve.