Very delicious, very tasty. First time had them in NY and fallen in love with them. At that time only decided to try them at home and I am love in it. The principal ingredient here is almond flour. Its a French baked confection with a crisp crust and softer interior.
- 3/4th Cup fine unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Almond flour
- 1/4th Cup Sugar
- few drops of vanilla essence
- 1/4th Cup oil
- 2 tbsp fresh strawberry juice
- a pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp of Milk
- 1 drop of red color
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients.
- With the help of ice-cream scoop, fill scoop completely, then drag it on the side of the bowl gently pressing the macaroon dough into the ice-cream scoop. Gently put it on parchment lined baking sheet and repeat it with rest of the dough.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hr. Keep an eye on it. They should not turn brown.
- Let them cool. After 15-20 minutes the outside should be dried out slightly and inside should be soft and chewy.
- It makes around 20-22 macaroons. Depends on the size of scoop you are using.
- After making these macaroons I turned them into Nutella macaroons, which is quiet easy. Just take 1 macaroon, pour 1 tbsp of nutella in center and spread all over leaving the edges. Then, sandwich it with another macaroon. Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyy.