Its a very famous 3 lentils mix dal. Tastes good with roti, paratha, garlic naan, lacchha parantha.
- 1/4th cup whole green moong
- 1/4th cup black split beans/chilka udad dal
- 1/4th cup Pink lentil/Masoor dal
- 4-5 garlic cloves finely chopped [you can add more if you want]
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped
- 1 tomato roughly chopped
- 2 green chillies
- salt as per taste
- 1/4th tsp turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp oil
- few curry leaves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Mix all 3 lentils and soak them for 2 hrs.
- Rinse well few times and pressure cook them with tomato, turmeric powder, green chillies and salt with 2 cups of water. Wait for 5-6 whistles.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and curry leaves. Add garlic and onion and wait until it turns golden brown.
- Add dal to this hot tadka and simmer for 5-10 minutes on low flame.
- If water is required for consistency of dal, add it before simmering.
- Serve hot with any bread.