Very delicious and tasty. Goes with any roti, naan, chapati or Potato Tikki.
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp coriander powder
- 1 Tsp mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Kitchen king masala
- 1 Tbsp Chole masala
- 1 Tsp turmeric powder
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 boiled and mashed potato
- 3-4 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups of boiled chickpeas [soaked overnight and then boiled]
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 4-5 garlic slices finely chopped
- Heat oil in a pan
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Once they start popping add onion.
- Once onions turn light pink, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then, add green chillies, tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Now, add water and let it come to a boil.
- Add mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Add chickpeas, kitchen king masala, chole masala, black pepper powder and cloves.
- Cover with lid and let it cook for around 15 minutes. If more water is needed in between, add 1 cup of water.
- After 15 minutes, gravy is ready to serve. Serve hot.