As the name suggests it has rainbow colors but, the magic is inside the cake. Because the rainbow colors are not visible until u cut the cake. It looks white from outside. Hence, everyone thinks why the name rainbow is given. So, its a twist. Ask ur guests to wait and see the magic. I made this cake for my lovely son on his 6 month birthday. Yes, I love to make a cake every month for him. I am going to do this until he turns ONE. Lets go for the recipe.
- 1 & 1/2 Cup refined flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 pinches of baking soda
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence
- 7 food colors [Violet, Indigo, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red]
- 1/2 Cup White chocolate Ganache [Please visit my recipe of making chocolate ganache]
- 1/2 Cup orange juice
- some almonds and pistachios for decoration
Get Ready to bake:
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Mix butter, vanilla essence and sugar until sugar gets mixed with butter completely.
- Add flour and orange juice in butter mix very well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 350 F or 180 C.
- Divide the batter in 7 equal parts in 7 glasses or bowls.
- Add a little of violet color in 1 glass, indigo in 2nd glass, blue in 3rd glass, green in 4th glass, yellow in 5th glass, orange in 6th glass and red in 7th glass. Mix colors in batter properly.
- Now, grease the cake pan with butter and pour batters as shown in below image.
- To pour the colors in this way, first pour violet color in center of cake pan, then blue again in center of pan, then green in center of pan and go on for all colors.
- Bake the cake for 25-30 minutes. After 25 minutes, pour the toothpick in cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done otherwise it needs more 5 minutes.
- Let the cake gets cool completely. It may take around an hour or 2.
- After that pour the white chocolate ganache on top of cake and with the help of an spatula spread it outside so that all edges of cake gets covered with that.
- Refrigerate it till ganache sets a little. After that decorate it with almonds and pistachios as shown in my cake image.
- I made two layers of this cake. If you also want two layers of cake, double every ingredient.
- On lower layer of my cake I used dark chocolate ganache and upper layer with white ganache, covering lower layer also with white ganache.
- I divided the batter in 6 equal parts coz violet and indigo won't look very much different after cake is baked.