It is healthy, contains lots of vegetables and corn. The good thing is, it is baked and very easy to make. It is colorful and can be served as a starter or breakfast.
- 1 Cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/4th Cup corn kernels
- 1/4th cup grated cabbage
- 1/4th cup grated carrot
- 1/4th cup finely chopped fenugreek leaves
- 1/4th cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 & 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- salt to taste
- green chillies as per taste
- 1 & 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- a pinch or 2 of asafetida/hing
- Coriander for garnishing
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch or 2 of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of water
- Roughly grind the corn kernels.
- In a big bowl, mix, besan, corn, carrot, cabbage, fenugreek leaves, green onions, ginger paste, green chillies and salt to taste. Add water and mix well.
- Add baking powder and soda and mix well.
- Pre-heat the at 350 F or 180 C.
- Grease the tray and pour the batter into it.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes. Pour a knife or toothpick into it. If it comes out clean it means it is done.
- For tempering, heat oil. Add asafetida, mustard seeds. Once seeds crackle, remove from stove, pour it on cake.
- Cut into pieces, garnish with coriander and serve hot.
- You can serve it as it is or with green chutney or with ketchup.