Bubble and Squeak as name suggest, it contains potatoes and cabbage for sure. But, it contains other things too. It was very famous during World War II. They use to make tikkis from left over. I used all fresh things to make it. We can use leftovers also. No doubt it tastes yummy. So, what are we waiting for? Grab the ingredients and lets start making it.
- 1 Cup of boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup of grated cabbage
- 1/4th cup of green onions, very finely chopped
- 4-5 Tbsp of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp of green peas, boiled & mashed
- 1/4th Cup of sprouts, boiled and mashed
- Salt as per taste
- A pinch of red pepper
- 1/4th Tsp of Coriander powder
- 1/4th Tsp of Dry Mango powder
- 1/4th tsp of cumin powder
- 2 Tbsp of Cornflour
- Oil to shallow fry
- Other than oil, mix everything together very well.
- Make medium shape tikkis/balls out of it.
- Heat a griddle. Add 2 tbsp of oil. Shallow fry the tikkis on griddle from both the sides. When you turn the side of tikkis, add 1 tbsp of oil to cook it properly from other side.
- Serve with green coriander chutney.
- Its your choice to add other leftover veggies. Keep on experimenting.