It's a Sindhi recipe. My mom use to make it best. I loved it. Give it a try. You are going to love it. It is made from the fried gram flour tikkis, softened in the onion and tomato based gravy.
- 2 Cups Gram Flour/Besan
- 2 Tsp khuskhus/Poppy Seeds
- 3-4 green chillies finely chopped
- A pinch of cooking Soda
- Some finely chopped coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1/4th Tsp Cumin powder
- 1/4th Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4th Tsp Coriander powder
- Some Coriander Seeds
- 2-3 Tsp oil
- Some water to kneed a stiff dough
- Oil to deep fry the tikkis
- 3 large sliced Onions
- 2 small tomatoes, cubed
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1/4th Tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 Tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4th Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4t tsp ginger paste (Optional)
- 2 Tbsp oil
- Some water
- Some coriander leaves for garnishing
- Mix gram flour, khuskhus, salt, green chillies, coriander leaves, coriander seeds, coriander powder, cumin powder, 2-3 tsp oil, soda and turmeric powder together. Adding very small amount of water at a time, make a stiff dough and make round tikkis from it.
- In a frying pan, deep fry the tikkis till they are light golden brown in color.
- In a pressure cooker, add 2 Tbsp of oil. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds.
- Now, add onions and saute them, till pink in color.
- Add Chopped tomatoes, green chillies, ginger, salt, coriander powder and turmeric powder.
- Once tomatoes are soften and properly cooked, add some water in it. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Then, add tikkis in it. Cover the lid and let it pressure cook till 2 whistles are heard.
- It is ready to serve. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with Roti/Chapati/Plain Paratha/Indian Bread.
Post a Comment