This Dal-Palak is my personal favorite. Also known as sai bhaji. Easy to make and tastes really good. It is healthy too. It tastes awesome with any rice. I personally love to have it with jeera rice or sweet rice or sometimes with chapati too.
- 250 gms of Spinach/Palak, roughly copped and properly washed
- 1/2 Cup of Bengal gram dal/chana dal, soaked for 3-4 hrs
- 1 & 1/2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium onion finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- salt as per taste
- 1/2 Tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 Tsp turmeric powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- In a pressure cooker add oil. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds into it. Then, add onions and garlic and saute until it becomes pink in color.
- Add half of the spinach into it.
- Then, add tomatoes, bengal gram dal, salt, turmeric powder and green chillies.
- Add rest of the spinach and water. Cover the lid and let it cook on low flame until 4-5 whistles are heard. After that check if dal is cooked or not. If not we have to cook it more.
- Blend it with the help of hand blender. Do not completely blend it. We have to blend it untill dal gets mashed. Some of the leaves of spinach may be visible.
- Heat it for 2 minutes and serve hot.
Post a Comment