Everyone needs to make quick and healthy meals. The meals that kids also love. This recipe is really quick and very easy to make. Needs few ingredients and such ingredients usually we have at home. Some different variety is what everyone is always looking for. So, I came up with the idea of making Open Sandwich. So, what are we waiting for. Come-on let's have a look at the ingredients first and then the Recipe.
- 4 Brown bread slices
- 2 big boiled and mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup of curd
- 1 cup of boiled and mashed green peas [your choice]
- salt to taste
- black pepper as per taste
- 1-2 green chillies finely chopped
- a pinch or 2 of dry mango powder
- oil to stir fry
- 1/4 tsp of cumin powder
- In a bowl, mix boiled potatoes, salt, black pepper, green chillies, dry mango powder and cumin powder.
- In another bowl, mix curd, green peas, salt and black pepper.
- Remove the brown edges from bread slices.
- Now spread a layer of curd and peas mixture on it.
- Then, cover it with the help of potato mixture. All edges should be properly sealed with potato mixture. Make it nice and smooth.
- Heat a non stick pan. Put little oil in pan and with the potato side down place sandwich on pan.
- Cook it for 5-7 minutes. Just check it out, it should be nice and golden brown from bottom.
- If it so, open sandwich is ready to be served. We can serve it with tomato ketch-up and green cilantro chutney.