The paratha or flatbread was previously conceived in North India, especially in Punjab. But, now it is conceived in almost every corner of the world. It is nothing but a roti stuffed with different vegetable either boiled or raw. The variations that are possible are enumerable. This time I am trying a new combination of vegetables for paratha. That combination is Carrot and Paneer/Cottage cheese.
Makes - 5 Parathas Time Taken - 30 Minutes
- 1 Cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup grated paneer
- black pepper powder as per taste
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 Tsp dry mango powder
- 1 & 1/2 cup of whole Wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Tsp red chilly powder
- Ghee/Clarified butter
- Water as required to kneed the dough
- Mix oil, some salt, red chilly powder & wheat flour together. Kneed to make the soft dough using water.
- In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients except clarified butter.
- Now take a small portion of dough and roll it a little.
- Place a small quantity of carrot and paneer mixture in center, and fold in the roti so as to wrap around the stuffing. Make sure stuffing is not visible and will not come out while rolling. Now, roll this gently with the help of rolling pin to make a paratha.
- Cook it on hot griddle(tawa), pour some clarified butter and flip frequently until very small brown spots appear on both sides.
- Serve it hot with curd or pickle or any chutney.
Post a Comment