Moong Dal Khasta Kachori is one of the best appetizer of Indore (M.P), India. This appetizer is loved by kids, youngs and even elderly members of family. Everyone loves Khasta Kachori.
For filling of Kachori:
- 1 Cup of Udad Dal (Soaked 1/2 Hr, after that separate from water)
- 2 Tbsp. of Ginger paste
- Salt to taste
- 4-5 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 Tsp. Funnel Seeds (Sauff)
- 1/2 Tsp. of Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Garam masala Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. of Coriander Powder
1/4 Tsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp. Aamchur/Dry Mango Powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida/hing
- Oil to deep fry
For Outer Base of Kachori:
- 1 & 1/2 Cup of All Purpose Flour/Self Raising Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Ajwain/Carom Seeds
- 3 Tbsp of Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Cold water
- First of all in a big bowl take Flour and mix salt & Ajwain/Carom Seeds into it. Now, add oil and mix very well.
- Then, use water to bind all these together to form the dough harder than Puri's dough. Use little amount of water at a time.
- Keep the dough aside for 25-30 mins covered with damp kitchen cloth.
- For filling of kachori, Mix, soaked moong dal and udad dal.
- Take a pan, keep it on low medium heat. Add 3 Tbsp of oil.
- Once oil comes to heat, add sesame seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida. Saute it for 1-2 secs. Then, add coriander powder, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger paste and salt as per taste. Saute it for 2-3 secs. Then, add moong dal and udad dal into it and add aamchur/dry mango powder, garam masala powder into it. Mix them very well. Saute it till water disappears from the mixture and mixture is dry.
- Take small ball of dough, roll it with the help of rolling pin. Add the dal mixture in that and fold it completly so that mixture will not come out.
- Now, keep oil for deep frying on low heat. For kachori's it is required to keep oil on low flame always. Oil is not required to be very hot. If oil is very hot don't put kachori's in it. They will not puff up. When u put kachori in it, it should stay inside oil and very slowly comes up. Then, only they will puff up.
- Put, rolled kachori's in oil and deep fry them. They will take around 15 mins to fry properly. Once, they are golden brown in color, take them out. Serve hot with tamerind and coriander chutney. If, u want, u can sprinkle a little bit of fine sev on it.